Quote Of The Day


Saturday, November 11, 2006


Pages Of Time - Tears


My eyelids flutter while i sleep,
And i start to mutter words unknown.
Images flash through my unconcious mind;
Trapped in the world of dreams all alone.

I begin to come back to reality,
As the dream becomes too much to take.
My eyes open to the merciless world;
Where all sympathy received is fake.

Now even though i am wide awake,
Images from the dream still play on in my head.
Tears start to flow down the side of my face,
And onto my sheet as I lie in bed.

All the tears slide down my cheek,
Forever gone like my time and life.
They abandon me like everyone else,
Leaving me alone at this moment of strife.

Only one drop of tear remains,
Clinging onto my face and not letting go.
Just like the memories in my mind,
Destined to remain forever till I am no more.

The salty taste of the teardrops,
Comes because of unpleasant memories.
But sometimes it brings with it a sweetness,
In remembrance of good times and stories.

The teardrop washes away the sadness,
And helps me cleanse my soul.
Leaving behind only happy memories,
And allowing me again to feel whole.

Farhan Rehman

Copyright ©2005 Farhan Rehman

PS: I had a little help here.. I found a poem in a book that I was going through.. Not this poem.. Rather a shorter and more concise version..and obviously I liked it..
However, the poem did not have any rhyme sequemce and it only consisted of a few lines..therefore i actually ended up changing a lot of it..
I dont know if that would come under plagiarism..or if it would come under para phrasing :p

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawgg..nice shitt!! :D

Anonymous said...

really like it.esp the second para.

Anonymous said...

ok this stuff i FREAKIN awesome!! man ur really talented mashallah..

Lhjunkie said...

If you're afraid that you might be paraphrasing or committing plagiarism, why don't you include the original poem and let us be the judges.



:)