Quote Of The Day


Saturday, July 21, 2007


Pages Of Time - Fallen Angel


The sound of thunder breaks the silence of the desert,
And a bolt of lightning strikes the ground.
A figure can be seen struggling to stand,
As the sand near Her begins to swirl around.

The fury of the desert seems to intensify,
While the sand storm continues to grow.
God’s will is being carried out,
Until She will remain no more.

From above an Angel has come,
Banished from Heaven because of words unknown.
She has been stripped of Her wings,
And sent down to earth to live all alone.

The sand continues to whirl furiously around Her,
Wiping out every footstep that She tries to make.
A sign of God’s anger at Her rebellion,
Abandoned on earth where all sympathy received is fake.

Droplets of tears slowly run down Her face,
As She continues to walk to places new.
Shunned by angels and humans alike,
Left homeless and with options few.

Suddenly, She stumbles and falls on the ground,
And the sand stops to swirl and floats down.
She lies there unmoving and breathless,
Finally deciding to give up and in the sand drown.

The fury of the desert fades away;
As God has finally been put at ease.
The Fallen Angel becomes one with the desert,
And can at last sleep forever in peace.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And then a knight in shining armor, i.e. me, comes along and saves her.
And they live happily ever after. :)
Lol. No.
Although I wish that could happen. I need my own little angel. :(
This is not how I wanted the poem, but for now it will do. I always imagined writing it about MY angel.
However, don’t think that will be happening anytime soon.
Why did she have to die? Frustrations and stress from my life show up in my work.
Ill stop now -_-

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

7 comments:

Lhjunkie said...

That actually sent shivers down my spine.
I like it a lot. :)

Unknown said...

its good.. though where'd u get a Fallen Angel idea from... sounds almost blasphemous :PPPP

Zuberi said...

nicely done i personally like this part..
"From above an Angel has come,
banished from Heaven because of words unknown.
She has been stripped of Her wings,
and sent down to earth to live all alone."

keep em coming!

Anonymous said...

I love the concept of this poem...unique and beautifully written!
Great job Farhan :)

Anonymous said...

sniff...
I know who this poem is about.

A specific teacher in your old school.
I din't know you cared about this teacher so much...

your love is un"maiureable" :D

Anonymous said...

I like the capitalization of the pronouns referring the "Fallen Angel"... I guess it creates the effect you were going for. Good one =)

Eunoia said...

beautiful concept.

beautiful lines,
stunning close.

You wanted constructive criticism yea? :)
Remember: The fewer words per line the better, you may lose the reader at times if too many adjectives and descriptive words are used.

I am totally loving your poems by the way.

Totally!

Aysha